This project is read-only.

Issue with value "FALSE"

May 26, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Dear Collegs,

I have one issue with the XML Preprocess and hope that you maybe can help me.

We use XML Preprocess for BizTalk bindings and for that purpose we created one Spreadsheet with the Values for Test, Integration and Production.

Until this moment work everything except one thing.

Inside our XML file we have tag <Enabled>. Tag <Enabled> can has two values : true and false.

If the value is true after genereting files from template we get true, but if the value is false, then instead to get false we get RegEx (in our case #ReceiveLocation_Enable_ReceivePort#).

Did maybe somebody has simmilar experience with the false ?

What we did wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

May 26, 2011 at 1:38 PM
Edited May 26, 2011 at 1:40 PM

From the documentation:

Boolean Properties
By default, all property values are treated as strings with the exception of the word False (case is irrelevant).  
If you set a property to the value False, it will have the effect of un-defining it. There are some cases where 
you may actually want the literal value of "False" to be replaced. To accomplish this, enclose it in single or double 
quotes. The quotes will be stripped, and the value will simply be treated like any other string property.

IMPORTANT CHANGE TO BOOLEAN PROPERTIES IN VERSION 2.0:
This special handling of "False" can be changed 
by passing the /f or /fixfalse switch on the command line. This will treat "False" as a literal string. To undefine a 
property use a value of "#undef". This has been a long-standing request and has tripped up many users. To 
maintain drop-in backward compatibility of 
XmlPreprocess.exe, this change is off by default.

It sounds like you need to use the /f switch.  Does that fix your problem?

May 26, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I found other solution.

Namely if you instead false enter "false" (with quotations) then is OK.

Thanks.