This project is read-only.

Weird issue with replacements

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:25 PM
We are using xmlpreprocess to have different configuration elements as well as to do some replacements using ${_environment_name}. Everything regarding replacements works fine when using /n, but then the #if branches does not work.
I changed the code for the component to fix it at least for me in XmlPreprocessor.cs
  if (context.NoDirectives)
           {
               result.Append(ResolveProperties(content, context));
            }
            else
            {
to
 content = ResolveProperties(content, context);
and it works now. If anyone can help me figure out why it wasnt working please let me know, at least for now my quickfix works.
Apr 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Can you give me a scaled down sample of what you are trying to do? I don't fully understand your scenario. The /n (no directives) mode is mutually exclusive to the preprocessing markup (#if / #else) mode, and you have to choose to use one or the other. But maybe you've got a unique requirement that wasn't accounted for.
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM
i have a biztalk binding file where the production binding use FTP and the QA, Test use File.

So different segments in use in the xml so i get
 <!-- #if  GetProperty("_environment_name") =="prod"  -->
<prod binding user="test" pass="${passfromxsl}"/>
 <!-- #else -->
<QA path="\\server\EAI\${_environment_name}\"/>
 <!-- #endif -->
I just fixed it by allways running substitutions and that seems to work, but it seems a bit weird to me that i either get substitutions or "format".

I would like to get preprocessing markup as the same time as substitutions from the xsl file withouth having to do two passes..
Apr 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Would it be possible to give me a little more context, or perhaps a scaled-down end-to-end sample? I'm not quite following yet. I never have to use the /n (no directives) mode on XML, and do some pretty complex things. The no directives mode is really just for unstructured flat files like INI files. I'm pulling together a new release with some minor features I've been needing and if you have a new requirement I can slip in I'd be happy to take a look at it.